Special regulations for the exams between 01.02. and 30.09.2022 (pdf),
in particular, free-trial regulations.
For the difference between deregistration and withdrawal, see the
general information on exam registration.
1) Deadlines for withdrawing from an exam
- The request for withdrawal from the examination should be made immediately after the reason for withdrawal becomes known.
In case of illness, the application together with a medical certificate must be received by the examination office no later than the third day after the examination;
the doctor's visit must be no later than the day of the exam.
- Withdrawal after completed examination is only approvable in rare exceptional cases.
For guidance on accepted and unaccepted reasons for withdrawal, please see the
general information on exam registration
Forms to request withdrawal due to illness are available on the examination office page
2a) Deadlines for late withdrawal from an examination
- In principle, during the registration period for online registrations, it is possible to deregister
via one of the campus-management-systems.
- The registrations for the oral examinations in the M.Sc. degree program,
the registration for the oral examination in the module "Mathematical specialization" of the M.Ed. degree program
as well as the registrations for a thesis are definite; a later deregistration is not possible.
- The deregistration of examination performances in seminars, in the undergraduate seminar and (in the teaching profession according to GymPO)
in the subject didactics seminar is no longer possible after the end of the registration period.
- To all other course-related examinations in the mathematics degree programs
you can register from the first attempt according to the rules described below until one week before the exam.
You deregister by writing the examination office of the Institute of Mathematics.
2b) Rules for the subsequent deregistration from an examination
- The withdrawal option is only available for the first attempt, not for repeat attempts.
(An approved withdrawal does not count as a first attempt.)
- Withdrawal must be in writing: either by handing it in personally at the
Examination Office or by mail by simple matriculation.
Writing an e-mail is not sufficient; neither is informing the examiner.
- Written notice of withdrawal must be received of the examinations office of the Institute of Mathematics
no later than the last working day, which is seven days
before the examination.
Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) count as working days.
Please note the opening hours of the examination office.
- If the examination office is not staffed due to vacation or illness,
the deregistration can alternatively be handed in at the dean's office or the study program coordinator
or in the secretary's office.
In exceptional cases, where no one is able to receive the letter
(for example, in the case of examinations shortly after the Christmas break),
to be on the safe side, an additional e-mail with the announcement of the deregistration
to the examination office and to the examiner should be sent.
- The deregistration is definitive.
A subsequent rescheduling and participation in the examination is excluded.